Strengthening Policies for Teachers in Crisis Contexts: Promising Practices and Lessons Learned in Refugee Hosting Contexts
Organized by INEE’s TiCC Collaborative, as part of the TiCC Event Series, this event took place during the 13th Policy Dialogue Forum hosted by the International Taskforce on Teachers for Education 2030 and the Ministry of Education for the Republic of Rwanda.
Its key objectives were to:
- Provide an opportunity for in-depth discussion and debate among diverse stakeholders about the challenges, opportunities, and lessons learned from successful examples for better supporting teachers in crisis contexts throughout the policy process.
- Generate findings to inform and strengthen policy guidance in support of refugee and national teachers working in crisis/refugee contexts.
Click below to begin watching, or watch on Youtube: https://youtu.be/pndzJxMMSgk
- Caseley Olabode Stephens (Policy Officer- Education at the Department Human Resources Science and Technology, African Union)
- Peter Tabichi (winner of the Global Teacher Prize 2019 and UN in Kenya Person of the Year 2019)
- Constance Alezuyo (Coordinator, Education Response Plan Secretariat, Ministry of Education and Sports, Uganda)
- Yousouf Tahir Ahmat (Director General for the Agency for the Promotion of Community Initiatives in Education, Chad),
- Clara van Praag (Education Officer (Regional Bureau, Nairobi)
If you have questions about this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.