Open Call for EiE Photos
Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
Humanitarian Sectors - Education
They say a PHOTO is worth a thousand words;
we want to SEE what you have to say!
We are in search of good photos to help us highlight education in emergencies in INEE publications, website, newsletters, and social media channels. We want to showcase, in pictures, the work, contexts, and people engaged in education in crisis contexts around the world.
Do you have some photos to share with us?
In addition to potentially using your photos in our materials, accepted photos will be uploaded to INEE’s Flickr Photostream, where others can see and learn more about your work, projects, and stories!
Call for photos
Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 March 2021, following the requirements below:
- Quality: High-resolution photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch, at least 1MB in size. (Not sure? Send it anyway and we will check.)
- Format: Accepted formats are .jpg, .png., and .tif.
- Credit: Each photo must include credit: name of photographer and organization (if any)
- Caption: Each photo must include a caption, including a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where and when it was taken, and how it relates to education in emergencies. Captions should not be more than 5 sentences in length.
- Raw photo: We will not accept a photo with an overlaid logo or text, or a photo sent inside a Word document or PDF. Please send the photo file separate from other files.
- Permission: Photos must each be submitted by the photographer or with permission.
Some fine print...
- Subject privacy: Permission from photo subjects (or relevant adult) should be sought by the photographer. No confidential information about children in photos will be stored or published by INEE. A child’s name may be included in the description only when explicit permission is granted by a relevant adult. INEE promotes the appropriate use of images of children in all media. The accurate and respectful visual representation of children everywhere is part of defending children’s rights, including their rights to expression, privacy, and protection.
- Rights: The photographer retains the rights to their photo; however, by sharing your photo with INEE, you grant INEE the right to reproduce your photo in any format, including print products, on the web, and in social media (photos will be credited where appropriate). You also agree to indemnify INEE against any claim for compensation or injunction that may be lodged by anyone related to use of the photo you submit. INEE shall not be held responsible for any use by third parties of the photos downloaded from its website and other communications channels, or from other linked sites.
Thank you in advance; we look forward to receiving your photos!