JEiE Special Issue on Education and the War on Drugs Launch
The Journal on Education in Emergencies (JEiE) is pleased to invite you to join the launch of our special issue on education and the war on drugs:
Marking the launch of JEiE’s latest publication, a groundbreaking special issue on education and the war on drugs, the contributing authors, issue editors, and special guest discussants will examine how education is not only a site of extensive collateral damage produced by the war on drugs but also how education policies and practices perpetuate and sustain this long-running, transnational, multifaceted war.
- Dana Burde, Associate Professor and Director, International Education, New York University, and Editor-in-Chief, Journal on Education in Emergencies
- Maria Jose Bermeo, Assistant Professor, Universidad de los Andes
- Diana Rodríguez-Gómez, Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Roozbeh Shirazi, Associate Professor, University of Minnesota
- Claudia Rodriguez, Economist, Department of Public Policy and Strategy, Office of the Attorney General, Bogotá, Colombia
- Cirenia Chavez Villegas, Consultant, UNDP and UNICEF
- Elena Butti, Global Youth Empowerment Specialist, War Child
- Theo Di Castri, PhD Candidate, Cambridge University
- Mario Novelli, Professor and Director, Centre for International Education, University of Sussex
- Maria Alejandra Velez, Director, Centro de Estudios sobre Seguridad y Droga, Universidad de los Andes
The webinar will include a moderated Q&A.
Registration is free and easy using the link above, limit 500 participants. Once you register, a unique join URL will be sent to your email. The webinar will also be livestreamed on the INEE Facebook page. A recording of the webinar will be shared on the INEE website for those who cannot join live.
If you have any questions about the webinar, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.