Accelerate with Care: Towards Gender-Responsive Accelerated Secondary Education
INEE’s Accelerated Education Working Group, Jesuit Refugee Services, and the Secondary Education Working Group are pleased to invite you to join us for a webinar on Gender-Responsive Secondary Accelerated Education!
[Webinar] Accelerate with Care: Towards Gender-Responsive Accelerated Secondary Education
7 December 2023 1-2pm UTC
To register, click the link below:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the web event. Click here to convert to your timezone.
N.B. This web event will be conducted in English with closed captioning in English.
When conflict and crises, marginalisation, and poverty cause disruptions to learning, Accelerated Education Programmes (AEPs) can offer children and youth the opportunity to continue their education. AEPs allow out-of-school, overaged children and youth flexible and age-appropriate pathways to primary and secondary certification within a shortened time frame. While ample evidence exists about the effectiveness, potential, and challenges of implementing AEPs at the primary level, limited research exists at the secondary level.
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) and the Secondary Education Working Group (SEWG), with support from INEE’s Accelerated Education Working Group (AEWG), worked together on this report to examine the relevance and appropriateness of SAEPs, the factors that enable and challenge the potential of SAEPs in supporting progress through and completion of secondary education, and the extent to which SAEPs are gender-responsive.
This webinar will present the findings and recommendations of the report in five parts:
- Relevance and appropriateness of SAEPs
- Enabling and challenging factors impacting SAEPs
- To what extent are SAEPs gender-responsive
- Q&A session
- Nina Papadopoulos, Senior Education Officer, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNHCR)
- Martha Hewison, AEWG Coordinator, Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies
- Hiba Salem, Pedro Arrupe Research Fellow, University of Oxford
- Giacomo Concina. Education in Emergencies Assistant, Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
- Jill Drzewiecki, Gender-Responsive Education Specialist, Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
If you have any questions about the web event, contact email@example.com