EiE Advocacy Using Human Rights Approaches
On 15 January 2019, the INEE Advocacy Working Group (AWG) hosted a webinar on running successful advocacy campaigns for education in emergencies - using a human rights based approach. During the webinar, AWG members shared their knowledge and experiences developing and using advocacy strategies both on a national and international level. Successful campaigns on several topics were highlighted, including the Safe Schools Declaration, an EiE initiative in the Ukraine, and the privatisation of education. The second half of the webinar included an open discussion with participants. The webinar was conducted in English.
- Diya Nijhowne - Director of the Global Coalition on Protecting Education from Attack (GCPEA)
- Delphine Dorsi - Executive Coordinator of the Right to Education Initiative (RTE)
- Sylvain Aubry - Legal and Research Advisor, Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- Peter Hyll-Larsen - Advocacy Coordinator of the Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
- Moderator - Gustavo Payan from Development Associates Inc (DAI)
Click on the video below to begin watching, or watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/j63OCaWngkA
The views expressed in this webinar are the presenters' own.