Arts in education during COVID-19: Illustrating the value of creativity and adaptability
This webinar highlighted how EiE practitioners can harness the arts to enhance the COVID-19 response. The discussion focused on how art can be used to foster social-emotional learning (SEL), student and school community wellbeing while linking to other life-saving humanitarian sectors. Panelists provided an overview of how they are adapting existing EiE arts responses to the COVID-19 context in a variety of settings and how others can integrate similar approaches in their work during the pandemic, and as classroom instruction resumes in a post-COVID world.
Q&A from the webinar can be found here.
Resources shared during the webinar by panelists and participants included:
- Superhero Academy: (ECD) https://resources.educationaboveall.org/resources/ages-4-7/superhero-academy-level-1
- Superhero Academy (Primary) https://resources.educationaboveall.org/resources/ages-8-10/superhero-academy-level-2
- Superhero Academy (Secondary) https://resources.educationaboveall.org/resources/ages-11-14/superhero-academy-level-3
- https://www.youtube.com/MindLeapsNGO Time
- http://academic commons.columbia.edu/doi/10.7916/d8-n1dz-c651
Webinar Presentation and Recording
Click on the video below to begin watching, or watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/LQGy9uKRJK4
The views expressed in this webinar are the presenters' own.