Training in Copenhagen: Psychosocial Support in Emergencies
In times of natural and man-made disasters and emergencies, mental health and psychosocial support should be part of the responses. Within the Red Cross Red Crescent, National Society focal persons, regional and international delegates will be responsible for initiating the overall mental health and psychosocial activities and interventions.
The PSSiE training is for those working in or deployed to emergency settings whether from the Red Cross Red Crescent or other organizations. The training methodology is based on problem-based learning using practical exercises such as role plays, case studies and field exercises. The training prepares participants for psychosocial work during emergencies while at the same time being mentored and supervised by the facilitators.
Objectives of the training
- Psychosocial support responders have technical competencies to work in humanitarian operations
- Participants have psychosocial technical skills and competencies that enable them to rapidly assess, plan, coordinate and implement priority psychosocial interventions during different types of disasters and emergencies
- Participants can identify needs for protection and integrate such measurements in mental health and psychosocial support approaches
- Participants can develop key messages and advocate for needs of mental health and psychosocial support activities and programmes
- Participants are able to collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the communities and participate in relevant coordination bodies
- To obtain knowledge on how to identify, train and support volunteers as well as how to build resilience in volunteers
Dates, deadlines and other important information:
Deadline for application: 1 October 2019
The training takes place in Copenhagen on 14 – 17 October 2019 from 9 to 17 all days.
Participants must be able to participate in the entire training, arriving the night before and departing from the training venue no earlier than 5 pm on the last day of training (earliest possible flight from Copenhagen at 8 pm).
If you have questions, please write to email@example.com
Click on the link below to learn more about to learn more information about this event.