International Conference: Education for a better future – prospects for displaced populations
This conference brought together international humanitarian and development actors to take stock of their engagement, discuss challenges and effective approaches, identify synergies, and strengthen partnerships for education and skills development in contexts of forced displacement.
The aim of the event was to:
- examine and discuss the role of education and skills development in generating futures for refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs)
- identify main challenges, good practices, and lessons learned
- formulate recommendations for research, policy and practice
All plenary sessions were livestreamed and recorded. Click this link to watch the video. You can skip through the video to see the recorded sessions.
Click to access the full conference report.
Click on a title to download a PDF of the presentation.
- Psychosocial Support and Social and Emotional Learning, Vania Alves
- Save the Children on Teachers, James Lawrie
- Teacher Training, Mary Mendenhall
- Breakout Session, Dr. Stephanie Bengtsson and Prof. Caroline Dyer
- Quality Standards, Ita Sheehy
- Teacher Wellbeing and Retention, Cyril Brandt
- Urban Refugee Education, Dr. Garnett Russell.