Evidence Gap Maps
These ECCN Evidence Gap Maps are an approach to our objective to build evidence and capacity to increase equitable access to education in crisis-and-conflict-affected environments.
- Internal Threats SLE Gap Map
- External Threats SLE Gap Map
- Health-Related Threats SLE Gap Map
- Natural Disasters SLE Gap Map
These four maps focus on Safer Learning Environments, specifically:
- Internal threats, including gang violence that emanates from within the school and SRGBV.
- External threats, including SRGBV on the way to/from school, gang violence, armed conflict and ideological attacks on education.
- Environmental threats that are related to physical health.
- Environmental threats that are related to various natural hazards.
The maps explore relationships between interventions and outcomes, and do not suggest causality between them: These maps are intended to provide an alternative way of exploring evidence-based literature around a specific theme beyond typical internet or database searches. They are not intended to imply causality where evidence exists.