RET is committed to working in emergencies, in protracted crises, and in fragile contexts to alleviate the deepest sufferings, build people’s resilience and enhance their self-reliance.
We believe we are amongst the leading NGOs to provide tailor-made solutions and relevant programs to bridge the gaps and respond to the real needs and challenges of the communities.
We assume a decisive catalytic role in sustainable development. We aim to provoke significant positive change, enabling particularly vulnerable youth and young women to take control of their lives and fulfil their social and economic rights.
We stand with people, with refugees, returnees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s), alongside the host communities adopting the fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
Contract Duration: 12 months (October 2020 to September 2021)
- Identify psychosocial needs of beneficiaries, and if necessary, provide psychosocial consultation for cases with protection concerns identified by social workers
- Provide individual and group counselling sessions with beneficiaries identified with psychosocial needs, and if necessary refer them to relevant services (internal and external) in line with RET Focused PSS Manual by the help of the supervision of Senior Counselling/GBV Specialists.
- Provide psycho-education trainings and awareness raising sessions, both in-centre and as part of outreach activities in line with RET Psycho-Education and Awareness Raising Manuals and Curriculums by the help of the supervision of Senior GBV/CP Specialists.
- Measure and monitor the progress in psychosocial wellbeing of the all beneficiaries of psycho-education and awareness raising sessions by using participatory assessment methods such as focus groups, pre-and post-tests, interviews, etc.
- Monitor patients’ progress against psychosocial goals using relevant tools/scales to be developed by Senior Counselling/GBV Specialists.
- Work in close coordination with the Protection Officer to keep records of the progress in psychosocial wellbeing.
- Work in close coordination with the Centre Supervisor and Social Workers.
- Attend supervision sessions, follow-up meetings and staff trainings.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- At least a bachelor degree or a master’s degree in Psychology or Psychological Counselling and Guidance.
- Prior knowledge of Humanitarian Principles, conflicts setting, IDPs, refugees as well as protection frameworks.
- Prior experience in working the children, youth, and refugees is an asset.
- Prior understanding of the region and community to work with is an asset.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, including ability to work with diverse group of people
- Excellent and dynamic facilitation skills both in 1:1 and in a group setting
- Strong (self-) organizational skills and flexibility particularly in working hours.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Fluency in French and English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic language an advantage.
Any interested candidate should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) (do not attach certificates) to the Country Director through the following email address: RECRUIT-MR@RETGERMANY.ORG by 26th October 2020. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, RET reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged. RET is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.