RET is committed to working in emergencies, in protracted crises, and in fragile contexts to alleviate the deepest sufferings, build people’s resilience and enhance their self-reliance.
We believe we are amongst the leading NGOs to provide tailor-made solutions and relevant programs to bridge the gaps and respond to the real needs and challenges of the communities.
We assume a decisive catalytic role in sustainable development. We aim to provoke significant positive change, enabling particularly vulnerable youth and young women to take control of their lives and fulfil their social and economic rights.
We stand with people, with refugees, returnees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s), alongside the host communities adopting the fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
Contract Duration: 12 months (October 2020 to September 2021)General Responsibilities
- Work with the Protection Staff to develop the Work-Plan with clearly stated milestones corresponding to the project outputs;
- Provide technical support for the design and implementation of the activities agreed within the Work-Plan;
- Provide technical support and directions to the protection staff for the design and timely implementation of the protection activities agreed within the Work-Plan;
- Provide guidance to the protection staff and follow up on a daily basis on the activities implemented;
- Monitor protection component progress against annual and quarterly Work-Plan and budget plan;
- Participate in planning and implementation of protection assistance activities through assessment, case planning and case implementation, follow up and case closure.
- Conduct protection risk analysis and case planning to beneficiaries on daily basis at the field.
- Collaborate with the Protection Team and other relevant stakeholders to identify and register individual cases eligible for referral to relevant agencies for protection assistance.
- Update on a daily basis the database of beneficiaries vising the RET Centre and ensure that progress is updated in the database consistently and completely.
- Work closely with Social Workers in identification of individuals needing protection and provide referral pathways
- Accompany the beneficiaries as needed and support them to access to services.
- Provide awareness raising/community mobilisation/behaviour change activities at the RET Centre and within the community of intervention.
- Undertake outreach activities and information sessions on various subjects, including protection risks and access to services and social assistance to target groups and record feedback (comments, suggestions).
- Ensure that protection activities are compliant with RET accountability principles and general protection and case management principles.
- Ensure that all data well documented and stored with due consideration of confidentiality and data protection principles.
- Work with monitoring colleagues to ensure that appropriate monitoring activities are undertaken to a high standard.
- Coordinate with Social Services Officer and Assistant to enhance service mapping and ensure referral mechanisms are functional.
- Evaluate Protection Outreach activities and propose new activities according to identified needs in the community to improve the quality of assessment and activities.
- Ensure impartiality, and confidentiality of beneficiaries, at all times,
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in related field (e.g. social work, psychology, sociology, child development, international relations, law, and other relevant disciplines).
- Experience of case management, protection outreach, community-based protection activities, and/or social work
- Prior knowledge of Humanitarian Principles, conflicts setting, IDPs, refugees as well as protection frameworks.
- Prior experience in working the children, youth, and refugees is an asset.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, including ability to work with diverse group of people
- Excellent and dynamic facilitation skills both in 1:1 and in a group setting
- Strong (self-) organizational skills and flexibility particularly in working hours.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Fluency in French and English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic language an advantage.
Any interested candidate should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) (do not attach certificates) to the Country Director through the following email address: RECRUIT-MR@RETGERMANY.ORG by 26th October 2020. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, RET reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged. RET is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.