Partnerships and Grants Manager
In preparation to extend and expand our programs across Palestine, TYO is seeking to diversify its funding sources and secure its long-term sustainability. The Development and Grants Manager will be responsible for the overall grants and partnership management processes for TYO. S/he will build on TYO’s existing fundraising and grants management strategy, with a focus on prospecting for and pursuing potential funding opportunities along with building and maintaining relationships with potential and existing funders. S/he will lead in all partnership identification, serve as the primary liaison with all sub-grantee partners, ensure compliance to donor rules and regulations while maintaining active and cooperative relationships with all TYO staff and partners.
Funding Strategy and Partnerships Development:
- Develop Palestine-specific strategy for funding and partnerships to ensure the long-term sustainability of TYO.
- Coordinate and lead market study, donor mapping and CO capture plan to ensure strong fundraising pipeline.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with a wide variety of partners including local implementing partners, donors, government agencies, and multilateral agencies
- Collaborate with the TYO’s Social Media Team to ensure that TYO is represented compellingly to donors and participating in key events and conferences
- Attend conferences, networking meetings, and workshops to meet with potential funding and implementing partners
- Participate and lead on partner prospecting meetings to assess, select, and negotiate partnerships with stakeholders
- Conduct organizational assessments of potential partners and donors to ensure they are aligned with TYO’s values and mission and have the capacity to collaborate meaningfully
- Cultivate strong relationships with government partners, implementing partners, international organizations, thought leaders, and major donors supporting nonprofits in Palestine
- Identify, co-manage, support or coordinate partner meetings, learning exchanges, or other cross-partner workshops to expand the visibility and impact of TYO
- ● Gather relevant and timely information necessary for grant acquisition; identify grant opportunities and relevant guidance materials to share with TYO leadership
- Manage grant application/proposal writing, review, and processing
- Collaborate with TYO team to ensure that proposals are aligned with TYO’s capabilities, values, and mission
- Build staff and partner organization capabilities for successful grant acquisition and management
- Develop and maintain organizational systems and tools to track new grant opportunities, the status of grant applications, and donor requirements
- Assist with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables
Project Management and Reporting:
- Communicate TYO accomplishments to donors through accurate, timely reporting.
- Help manage program implementation to ensure that activities are implemented in full compliance with objectives, financial and reporting requirements, and evaluation plans,and achieve intended impact.
- Provide support on various project management issues, such as budget management, work plan implementation, indicator tracking, and achievement of project objectives/outputs.
- Help monitor expenditure rates and spending levels and provide feedback
- Coordinate grant related information sharing, meetings, check ins, and reviews with project staff and partners
- Have a deep understanding of donor policies, regulations and procedures and train other team members in these areas
- Bachelor’s degree or above in International Development, Non-Profit Management, Business Administration, or related field is required
- Understanding of the nonprofit and funding landscape in the Middle East, with a specific understanding of the particular dynamics in Palestine
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Excellent writing skills with minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in grant writing, preferably with a nonprofit
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, the ability to manage complex projects and deadlines.
- Prior experience overseeing and ensuring the success of Grants and Partnerships prospecting and tracking systems
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate, and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Palestine is preferred
- Ability and willingness to be very flexible and accommodating in changing project needs
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Partnerships & Grants Manager” in the subject line. Please indicate your salary requirements/expectations in your cover letter. No calls please.