Internal Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
NORCAP contributes to solving key challenges within the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors in order to make a change for people in need. Our goal is to protect the lives and rights of vulnerable people. Together with our partners UNESCO and the Ministry of Education in Jordan, we strive to promote education as a fundamental human right, consistent with Sustainable Development Goal 4. SDG 4 ensures equal and affordable education access to boys and girls of all ages.
In order to reach this ambitious goal, UNESCO Amman is working closely with the Ministry of Education through a multi-donor funded “System Strengthening Partnership in Jordan with the Ministry of Education” programme (SSP). Desired outcomes of this programme include but is not limited to the strengthening of data collection, utilisation, as well as evidence-based planning and policymaking in implementing its Education Strategic Plan (ESP). In addition to the ESP, a complementary strategy to mainstream gender equality is also part of the programme.
Therefore, we are looking for an Internal Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination Officer, to strengthen capacity for implementation of strategic education plans at the national level.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will ensure an effective and productive working relationship is built and maintained with the Ministry of Education. The position will be hosted by the UNESCO Amman Office in Amman, Jordan. You can expect to work 70% at the Ministry of Education and 30% at UNESCO Amman.
As an Internal M&E Coordination Officer, you can also be expected to provide technical support to Ministry staff in the Department of Education Planning and Research in coordination with, and under the supervision of, the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation. Your responsibilities will typically include:
- Development of internal communication, coordination and feedback systems/mechanisms for M&E in order to inform programme planning and implementation
- Preparation of high-quality and timely M&E data and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Analysis and dissemination of analytical, M&E and research products with a focus on more ‘accessible’ formats to ensure learning and sharing
- Preparation of communication materials highlighting Ministry of Education successes and individual success stories (at all levels)
- Effective presentation and dissemination of monitoring and evaluation findings to internal and external stakeholders i.e. weekly/monthly electronic M&E bulletin for staff, design of info graphics, sharing relevant content with Ministry of Education Media Directorate
- Draft, consult, test, finalise and communicate a concise and clearly articulated calendar of M&E activities with clear roles and responsibilities to Ministry of Education staff
- Participate in and act as a technical resource at SSP Steering Committee, as well as UNESCO Education team meetings.
- Other tasks by as agreed between NORCAP and UNESCO agency.
Qualifications and experience
This role could be for you if you have:
- Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant field of study, Education (in particular), International Development, and Social Studies
- Several years of working experience in the field of M&E, and coordination in the education sector at the national and/or subnational level, and in an international setting
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required
- Experience working with national authorities or Ministry of Education staff or within UN/INGO systems in proving support is a strong asset
- Excellent coordination, organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Previous experience in results communication with a focus on more ‘accessible’ formats (e.g. info graphics, policy briefs, website design and upkeep, highlighting success stories, use of social media in cooperation with a Ministry of Education’s media department) is a strong asset
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Kindly submit you CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport
- Only CVs submitted through Webcruiter will be accepted
- Please note that you are required to enter geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in your CV form, but you can use the “Company Name” field for both company and location
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates
- An approved Health Certificate will be required prior to contract commencement and deployment
- All applicants will get feedback within four weeks after the closing of this advertisement