INEE Operations Associate
The Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is a global network of over 18,000 individual members. We are affiliated with more than 4,000 organizations from 190 countries with representatives from UN agencies, International and National NGOs, donors, governments, universities, schools and affected populations working together to ensure all persons the right to a quality education in emergencies (EiE) and post-crisis recovery. As we are a global network and hosted by our membership, the IRC hosts the INEE Secretariat.
The INEE Operations Associate provides critical support to INEE’s strategy, administration, and partnership work and helps facilitate the work of all of us on the INEE Secretariat. This role facilitates and contributes to all aspects of operations for a network secretariat. This includes administration, budgets, partnerships, human resources, safety and security, and logistics. Under the supervision of the Operations Lead, you are part of a close knit, collaborative team that ensures all INEE Teams can function effectively, efficiently, transparently, and accountably.
In alignment with INEE’s core functions, INEE’s Strategic Framework, annual work plan and in close collaboration with all the INEE Secretariat, major responsibilities for this role include:
INEE Strategic Priority I: Thought leadership and advocacy:
- The INEE Operations Associate provides critical operations support to INEE’s Policy and Advocacy Team and the wider policy efforts of the secretariat at large. You also work closely with the INEE Partnerships and Grants Manager to compile important, relevant information to meet funding agreement requirements and partners’ expectations as it relates to INEE’s thought leadership and advocacy work.
INEE Strategic Priority II: Strengthen capacities:
- In this position, there is also close collaboration with the INEE’s Standards and Practice Team. As this team maintains a specific focus on capacity exchange, you are responsible for providing administrative and logistical support.
INEE Strategic Priority III: Provide, curate, and organize knowledge and resources:
- The INEE Operations Associate plays a key role in the team’s knowledge and evidence work. Through logistical, procurement, and contract support efforts, this role helps the team to expand and improve its platforms and mechanisms for curating and disseminating EiE resources, data, research, and evidence.
INEE Strategic Priority IV: Strengthen and diversify membership:
- INEE is actively elaborating new and innovative ways to engage our members, understand their needs and priorities, elevating and amplifying their voices, and facilitating member-to-member collaboration and exchange. Part of this work involves ensuring the INEE Secretariat reflects its membership and is a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment for staff of all backgrounds and experiences. This role provides human resources operational support to all the INEE Teams, and this is one way we continue to improve in this area.
Strategy, Finance, Administration, and Partnership:
- This role is critical to INEE’s successful implementation of its fundraising and partnership strategy, and all components of INEE’s financial and administration systems. This position provides essential support to all facets of INEE’s operations. This involves processing consultant and contractor agreements and invoices, supporting human resources functions, leading on logistics for travel and security, organizing and supporting logistics for meetings and conferences, supporting the Director and the team, and other tasks that may arise. You also collaborate with the staff focused on partnerships and grants to support grants management processes, record keeping, and maintaining trackers. Through these actions, this role supports all INEE Teams to fulfill their strategy, planning, programmatic, and operational functions.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: INEE Operations Lead
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: INEE Director; INEE fiscal and administrative hosts; INEE Steering Group
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: INEE Secretariat, IRC education unit, IRC research unit, HR, admin, finance, legal, partnerships and compliance
External: NRC education unit, NRC Field Operations, NRC HR, admin, finance, legal, partnerships and compliance, Representatives of UN agencies, NGOs, donor agencies, education authorities (Ministries of Education, relevant Ministries), academic institutions, including mid-level to senior-level representatives
- Minimum 2 years progressive and meaningful work experience in finance and administration
- Experience working with complex projects and deadlines involving different partners
- Experience working with IRC’s finance and administrative systems preferred
- Experience with basic financial management skills including monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Experience working in a professional and international office environment an asset
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent writing, editing, and formatting skills
- Ability to work independently as well as virtually with team members in a global environment
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at the same time work under tight deadlines
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, the ability to complete complex projects
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; adeptness at learning new software programs
- Knowledge and experience in the field of education in emergencies and the humanitarian community strongly desirable
- Familiarity with IRC’s internal management and financial systems an asset
- Understanding of humanitarian sector highly valued
This position is based in IRC’s New York Headquarters, with the possibility of being home based. It is anticipated that this role may travel up to 10% of the time.
Standard office working environment; this role may require working remotely full or part time and part-time may be required to share workspace. Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled work hours.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Submit a CV, cover letter and other relevant materials here by the August, 6th, 2021.