Field Manager, Education, Haiti
NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor approval.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Field Manager should provide direction, coaching and support to facilitate problem solving in achieving project goals and objectives. S/He should be responsible for making decisions that sustain the innovative, adaptability and integrative approaches in project intervention. S/He should be responsible for organizing field trips and community mobilization, establishing coordination and synergy between the intervention and other key local and national education stakeholders. S/He should plan, keep track of organizational records, and manage all field activities, equipment, and materials. Through direction, training, and periodic meetings, s/he should foster a safety attitude incorporated in all operational planning and implementation of the intervention.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of all new and existing projects within the CP Education programming throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Effectively manage talent for the Education programming team and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead the development of program learning - identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in the area of Education and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the CP Education sector portfolio in line with agency, regional, and CP Education strategic priorities. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals in Education per agency and donor standards. Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in Education for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to Education and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required Languages – English, Haitian Creole and French required.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, Youth and Education Sector Leads, Finance Director, Head of Operations, Supply Chain Manager, Human Resources, Project Director, Technical Coordinator, MEAL Specialist
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area (i.e. human sciences, education, pedagogy, psychology, sociology or other humanities).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of Education.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing moderately complex crisis contexts in Haiti or similar to Haiti.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm.
CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click below to apply.