Cross Border Desk Review
Oxfam Uganda is conducting a midterm review of the 4 year cross border consortium responding to crisis related education needs for adolescent and youth in South Sudan and Uganda. The project also has a regional and global component. Due to COVID 19 the midterm review is conducted as a desk study. The purpose of the midterm evaluation is to assess project progress to determine the extent to which project outcomes have been realized.
The consultant shall endeavour to assess how the project is being implemented, progress towards achieving the project expected outcomes, results achieved and the adaptability of the project to the COVID 19 pandemic. It will also document the appropriateness of the project design and lessons learned in order to improve implementation and quality of results.
The specific objectives of the consultancy are:
- Examine the ways the project is working (implementation process) and the extent to which they are supportive of the project to deliver project results.
- To assess project effectiveness. The extent to which project objectives are achieved at the results level? Have benefits reached the target group as intended? Are benefits distributed fairly and across target groups?
- To assess project Efficiency. The extent to which the costs of project intervention are justified by its results, taking alternatives into account?
- To measure if the project is achieving the intended outcomes on resilience and system change and what is the likely sustainability of these outcomes.
- Examine the enabling and hindering factors during project implementation
- Identify key lessons and propose practical recommendations for the remaining period of the project.
Consultants shall submit a proposal which should include:
- Cover letter: A short (maximum two pages) letter expressing his/her interest and related experience;
- Technical Proposal (maximum eight pages) and A financial proposal
Applications should include three references and two writing samples of similar previous products.
Interested applicants must submit their proposal with all required documents by October 26, 2020 to email@example.com.
For questions regarding the consultancy please contact Priscilla Ngero on e-mail: Priscilla.Ngero@oxfam.org